Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lompoc, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city will delight tourists with its wineries, shopping, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include Presidio Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County Courthouse, and Mission Santa Barbara.
- You'll find 356 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lompoc
The city's cultural venues include Lompoc Museum and Artesia School Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Ryon Memorial Park, Beattie Park, and River Park. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Fiddlehead Cellars, Melville Vineyards and Winery, and Alma Rosa Winery and Vineyards are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lompoc. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Lompoc - This 3-star property features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and room size.
- O'cairns Inn & Suites - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Lompoc - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Lompoc
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Surf Station. Lompoc may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lompoc
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Lompoc gets about 15.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F