Visiting Grover Beach
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Grover Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, live music, and cafés. A top sight in the area is Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa.
- You'll find 741 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grover Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ramona Garden Park, Grover Heights Park, and Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pismo Beach Golf Course and North Beach Campground.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Grover Beach. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Seaview Inn - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this motel. This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Pacific Inn - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Grover Beach
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Grover Beach Station. Grover Beach might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Grover Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Grover Beach gets about 16.34 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F