Visitors can enjoy all that Sarteano has to offer including the monuments and museums. Top sights around the area include Tenuta Valdipiatta, Pienza Cathedral, and Palazzo Piccolomini.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Sarteano
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 34.4 mi (55.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarteano
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sarteano Castle, Archaeological Museum of Sarteano, and Val di Chiana. In the area, you'll also find Tenuta Valdipiatta and Pienza Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Sarteano. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- La Gustea Hotel & Cucina is located 1.5 mi (2.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sarteano can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Le Buche Wine Resort & Spa is located within 2.8 mi (4.5 km) of the city center. This farm stay in Sarteano features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Agriturismo La Sovana is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city's heart. With a stay at this farm stay in Sarteano, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Palazzo Piccolomini, 10.5 mi/16.9 km from the heart of the city, and Abbazia di Sant'Antimo, which is 16.5 mi/26.5 km away.
Dressing for Sarteano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- About 32.44 inches of rain falls on Sarteano each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F