Visiting Sharm El Sheikh
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Sharm El Sheikh, which is also known for its cafés. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its safari tours. Top sights in the city include Naama Bay Beach, Nabq Bay, and Naama Bay.
- There are 251 hotels and other accommodations in Sharm El Sheikh
- The closest major airport is in Sharm El Sheikh (SSH-Sharm El-Sheikh Intl.), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sharm El Sheikh
Attractions like Aqua Blue Water Park and Hollywood Sharm El Sheikh are fun for everyone, not just kids. The beaches and desert highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Naama Bay Beach, Nabq Bay, and Naama Bay. Diving is a top activity, and Sharm El Sheikh Golf Resort is one place to visit.
In Sharm El Sheikh, you'll be able to select from 251 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Steigenberger Alcazar - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh ( Adults Only) - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this property. With a stay at this 5-star property, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony.
- Coral Sea Sensatori - This 4-star resort features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 6 restaurants. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Sharm El Sheikh include Ras Mohammed National Park, Shark's Bay, and SOHO Square. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Jackson Reef, located 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Sharm El Sheikh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 50°F