Visitors can enjoy all that Southold has to offer including the wineries, beaches, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and monuments.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Southold
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westhampton, NY (FOK-Francis S. Gabreski), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southold
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sparkling Pointe, Croteaux Vineyards, and Mattebella Vineyards. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Old Field Vineyards and Osprey's Dominion.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Southold. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Heron Suites at Port of Egypt Marine - This 3-star condo resort features free WiFi, free parking, and a café. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and location.
- Southold Beach Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
Getting Around Southold
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Southold Station. Southold might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Southold
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Southold gets about 46.85 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F