Visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views in Squamish, which is also known for its ski areas and breweries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Squamish
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 36 mi (58 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Squamish
Attractions like Whistle Punk Hollow Adventure Golf and West Coast Railway Heritage Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Squamish Estuary, Brackendale Eagles Provincial Park, and Stawamus Chief Provincial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Squamish Adventure Centre and Quest University Canada.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Squamish. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, Squamish - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Sandman Hotel & Suites Squamish - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Howe Sound Inn & Brewing Company - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Dressing for Squamish
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Average annual rainfall for Squamish is 1.57 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F