Visiting St Helens
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in St Helens, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars. Liverpool ONE, Vue Cinema, and Chester Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 408 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 10 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St Helens
The city's cultural venues include Citadel Arts Centre and St. Helens' World of Glass. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Knowsley Road Stadium and Langtree Park Stadium.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in St Helens. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mercure Haydock Hotel (Newly Refurbished) - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Ibis Styles Haydock - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Liverpool ONE, located 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center, and Vue Cinema, which is 12.6 mi/20.2 km away.
Getting Around St Helens
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from St Helens Central Station, Thatto Heath Station, or Lea Green Station. St Helens might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for St Helens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on St Helens each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F