History buffs will enjoy exploring Stafford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Stafford
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 32.9 mi (53 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stafford
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Shugborough Hall and Boscobel House. You'll also find Go Ape Cannock Chase and Museum of Cannock Chase in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Stafford. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Offley Grove Farm - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Lower Drayton Farm B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with WiFi.
- The Littleton Arms - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Stafford
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Stafford Station or Penkridge Station. Stafford may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Stafford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Stafford is 30.16 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F