Taos Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 5 affordable motels in Taos among the more than 937 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy all that Taos has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Taos Ski Valley, Red River Ski Area, and Sipapu Ski Area.
Fun fact: Motels began in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the tired traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motel properties often offer free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite Taos motels available to book:
Super 8 by Wyndham Taos
- Enjoy access to the computer station, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
El Pueblo Lodge
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Taos Valley Lodge
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- You'll be located within 29 minutes of Red River Ski Area by car.
- A terrace along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Sun God Lodge
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Taos
Check out the acclaimed art scene and fascinating museums in this historical area while you're sightseeing. Visitors to Taos speak highly of its ski slopes, shops, and mountains.
Here are some popular places:
- Taos Ski Valley
- Red River Ski Area
- Sipapu Ski Area
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Kit Carson Park
- Williams Lake
- Wheeler Peak Wilderness Area
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Taos Plaza
- Rio Grande Gorge Bridge
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Taos is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Taos
Figure out the ideal time to visit Taos by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 59° F and nighttime temperatures average 10° F
- April-June: 87° F is the daytime average and 27° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 87° F and nighttime averages are around 38° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 10° F at night
- Average rainfall is 12.76 inches in a year
How to Get to Taos and Around the Area
|Los Alamos, NM (LAM-Los Alamos County) ||Airport ||53.4 mi (85.9 km) |