Visitors can enjoy all that Thika has to offer including its parks. In Thika, there are 10 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thika
A couple of favorite places to visit are Thika Municipal Stadium and Christina Wangari Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Kenyatta University and Thika Road Mall.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Thika. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Royal Delight Hotel & Apartments is 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel in Thika can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Luke Hotel Cravers Thika is located within 2.4 mi (3.9 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Thika features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Pristine Paradise Hotel is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Thika can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Thika
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Thika each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 55°F