Travelers to Tijuana give high marks for the lively bar scene, top-notch restaurants, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, beaches, and shopping. Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and Club Campestre Golf Course are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 192 hotels and other accommodations in Tijuana
- The closest major airport is in Tijuana, Baja California Norte (TIJ-General Abelardo L. Rodriguez Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 17.4 mi (28 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tijuana
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Fronton Jai Alai Palace, Tijuana Wax Museum, and Casa de la Cultura. Notable city landmarks like Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Cathedral and Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Rosarito Beach and Miguel Hidalgo Park.
In Tijuana, you'll be able to select from 192 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Tijuana - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Santuario Diegueño - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Tijuana - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rio Tijuana can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Other top sights in Tijuana include Club Campestre Golf Course. Popular places to visit outside the city include San Diego Convention Center, 14.9 mi/24 km from the heart of the city, and Balboa Park, which is 16 mi/25.8 km away.
Dressing for Tijuana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 9.69 inches of rain falls on Tijuana each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F