Visitors to Tiverton are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Spacex, Bakelite Museum, and Dunster Castle.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Tiverton
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 34.9 mi (56.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tiverton
The city's cultural venues include Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life and Knightshayes Court. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Tiverton Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Grand Western Canal Country Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Tiverton. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fernside Cottage - Amenities in this 5-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Muddifords Court Country House - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space.
- Brambles Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Spacex, 12.8 mi/20.6 km from the heart of the city, and Bakelite Museum, which is 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away.
Getting Around Tiverton
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Tiverton Parkway Station. Tiverton may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tiverton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Tiverton gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F