Visitors to Lakewood are sure to enjoy the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- You'll find 271 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Point Pleasant - Toms River
- The closest major airport is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lakewood
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Sister Mary Grace Burns Arboretum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are FirstEnergy Park and Woodlake Country Club.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Lakewood
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Lakewood gets about 1.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F