Visiting Point Pleasant Beach
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Point Pleasant Beach, which is also known for its restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 271 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Point Pleasant - Toms River
- The closest major airport is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 42.4 mi (68.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Point Pleasant Beach
Attractions like Jenkinson's Boardwalk and Jenkinson’s Aquarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. In the area, you'll also find Vintage Automobile Museum of New Jersey and Anchor and Palette Art Gallery.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Point Pleasant Beach. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Tower Cottage Luxury Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Broadway Court Motel - Our customers like the convenient parking and WiFi at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Shore Point Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Point Pleasant Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on Point Pleasant Beach each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F