Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tumwater, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, coffeehouses, and sporting events.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Olympia
- The closest major airport is in Olympia, WA (OLM-Olympia Regional), 1.3 mi (2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 42.1 mi (67.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tumwater
The picturesque setting of Tumwater Falls Park and Millersylvania State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Olympic Flight Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Tumwater. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tumwater - Olympia - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Conference Center Tumwater - Olympia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Tumwater
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Tumwater gets about 49.96 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F