Families will find kid-friendly activities in Olympia, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and abundant coffeehouses. This city also attracts tourists with its baseball games and waterfront. Top sights around the area include Joint Base Lewis-McChord and Little Creek Casino.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodations in Olympia
- The closest major airport is in Olympia, WA (OLM-Olympia Regional), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 39.3 mi (63.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Olympia
Cultural venues in the city include Hands On Children's Museum, Governor's Mansion, and State Theater. Favorite family attractions include Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Area and Wolf Haven International. The city's natural beauty is on display at Tumwater Falls Park, Potlatch State Park, and Priest Point Park.
In Olympia, you'll find 108 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey, WA - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Hilton Garden Inn Olympia - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free parking.
- Prairie Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Olympia include Little Creek Casino. Top places to see in the area include Joint Base Lewis-McChord, 15.3 mi/24.6 km from the heart of the city, and Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, which is 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away.
Getting Around Olympia
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Olympia-Lacey Station. Olympia might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Olympia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.96 inches of rain falls on Olympia each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F