Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shelton, and visitors give high marks for the casinos and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment choices, riverfront, and bars.
- You'll find 73 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Olympia
- The closest major airport is in Olympia, WA (OLM-Olympia Regional), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hoquiam, WA (HQM-Bowerman), 40.8 mi (65.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelton
Favorite places to visit in the city include Mason County Historical Society Museum, Kneeland Park, and Ridge Motorsport Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Walter Dacon Winery and Little Creek Casino.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Shelton. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Little Creek Casino Resort - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Shelton Inn - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Shelton - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, 29.9 mi/48.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Shelton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Shelton gets about 64.61 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 32°F