Visiting Vernon Center
Those traveling to Vernon Center are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Rome, NY (RME-Griffiss Intl.), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Syracuse, NY (SYR-Hancock Intl.), 30.7 mi (49.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vernon Center
Places to visit in the larger region include Utica Rome Speedway, Airborne Adventures Ballooning, and Oneida Community Mansion House. Additionally, you'll find Ruth and Elmer Wellin Museum of Art at Hamilton College and Hamilton College in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Vernon Center, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 13 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona is located 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the heart of Vernon Center. This 2.5-star hotel in Verona features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Utica is 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the center of Vernon Center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Utica can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Utica is 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from central Vernon Center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Utica can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Vernon Center
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Vernon Center gets about 43.74 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F