Find Hotels in Rome, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2020
Visitors to Rome are sure to enjoy the casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music, and theaters.
- You'll find 66 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Utica
- The closest major airport is in Rome, NY (RME-Griffiss Intl.), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Syracuse, NY (SYR-Hancock Intl.), 33.6 mi (54.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rome
Cultural venues in the city include Capitol Theatre, Rome Historical Society & Museum, and H.P. Sears Service Station Museum. Notable city landmarks like Fort Stanwix and Erie Canal Village might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Delta Lake State Park and Whisper Wind Equestrian Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Rome. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Rome - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Wingate By Wyndham Rome - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Inn At The Beeches - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Rome
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Rome Station. Rome might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Rome
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 12°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Rome is 45.75 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 14°F