Visitors can enjoy all that Verona has to offer including the university setting, mountain views, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches.
- You'll find 64 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Staunton
- The closest major airport is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 7.2 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 30.9 mi (49.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Verona
A couple of favorite places to visit are Factory Antique Mall and Augusta Military Academy Museum. You'll also find Staunton Public Library and The Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- MiddleRidge Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Dressing for Verona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 39.13 inches of rain falls on Verona each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F