Families will find kid-friendly activities in Walsall, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its spas and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Bullring Shopping Centre, Arena Birmingham, and Birmingham Cathedral.
- You'll find 465 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walsall
Favorite places to visit in the city include Walsall Arboretum, Walsall Leather Museum, and Walsall Library and Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are New Art Gallery Walsall and Bescot Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Walsall. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairlawns Hotel and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Holiday Inn Express Walsall M6J10 - Our customers like the bar and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room sofa bed.
- Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to public transit.
Top places to see around the area include International Convention Centre, 9.6 mi/15.4 km from the city center, and Bullring Shopping Centre, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Getting Around Walsall
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Walsall Bloxwich Station, Walsall Station, or Walsall Bloxwich North Station. Walsall might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Walsall
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 30.16 inches of rain falls on Walsall each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while March and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F