Travelers to Wasco will find plenty to explore and enjoy. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Kern County Museum.
- You'll find 101 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bakersfield
- The closest major airport is in Bakersfield, CA (BFL-Meadows Field), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wasco
Favorite places to visit in the city include Valley Rose Golf Course, Wasco Recreation Ball Park, and Wasco City Hall. Additionally, you'll find Kern National Wildlife Refuge and Buttonwillow Raceway Park in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Wasco Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Wasco
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Wasco Station. Wasco might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wasco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 98°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 100°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Wasco gets about 6.93 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 98°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F