Families enjoy visiting Delano though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, shopping, and basketball games. A top sight in the area is Kern County Museum.
- You'll find 101 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bakersfield
- The closest major airport is in Bakersfield, CA (BFL-Meadows Field), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Delano
Favorite places to visit in the city include Castle Rock Vineyards, Cecil Park, and Delano Municipal Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aviator Casino and Delano Community Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Delano. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Delano - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Holiday Inn Express Delano - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Liberty Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Delano
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 98°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 100°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 6.93 inches of rain falls on Delano each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 98°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F