Visitors can enjoy all that Wasta has to offer including the mountain views and museums. There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional), 30.5 mi (49 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wasta
A favorite place to visit in the city is Armed Forces Military Display & Gifts. Additionally, you'll find Wall Drug and Wounded Knee Museum in the area.
As you plan your trip to Wasta, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 7 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Travelodge by Wyndham Wall is located 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the heart of Wasta. This 2-star motel in Wall features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Americas Best Value Inn-Wall is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Wasta. This 2-star motel in Wall features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and WiFi.
- Best Western Plains Motel is 19 mi (30.6 km) from central Wasta. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Wall can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wasta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 12°F at night
- About 16.34 inches of rain falls on Wasta each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 13°F