Visiting Waterville Valley
Visitors to Waterville Valley are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and hockey games. Around the area, top sights include Waterville Valley Resort, Loon Mountain Ski Resort, and Franconia Notch State Park.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Waterville Valley
- The closest major airport is in Fryeburg, ME (FRY-Eastern Slopes Regional), 25.2 mi (40.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Laconia, NH (LCI-Laconia Municipal), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterville Valley
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Sabbaday Falls. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waterville Valley Golf Course and Waterville Valley Ice Arena.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Waterville Valley. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Black Bear Lodge - This 3.5-star condo resort features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its beach locale and overall value.
- Golden Eagle Lodge - Our customers love the beach locale at this condo resort. This 3.5-star condo resort features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Silver Fox Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Waterville Valley Resort, 3.8 mi/6.1 km from the city center, and Loon Mountain Ski Resort, which is 10.4 mi/16.7 km away.
Dressing for Waterville Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.13 inches of rain falls on Waterville Valley each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F