Families will find kid-friendly activities in Weatherford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. A top sight in the area is Lake Granbury.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Weatherford
- The closest major airport is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 26.1 mi (41.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 45 mi (72.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Weatherford
Notable city landmarks like Famous Mineral Water Company and Christ the King Covenant might be worth a visit. Taking local tours is just one of the top activities, while Canyon West Golf Club and Squaw Creek Golf Course are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Mineral Wells State Park and Parker County Courthouse.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Weatherford. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Mineral Wells - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Best Western Club House Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, 24.9 mi/40 km from the city center, and Amon Carter Museum, which is 25 mi/40.2 km away.
Dressing for Weatherford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Weatherford gets about 32.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 33°F