Visiting Lake Worth
Visitors to Lake Worth are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games and lakeside setting. Around the area, top sights include Billy Bob's Texas, Amon Carter Museum, and Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Worth
- The closest major airport is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Worth
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Billy Bob's Texas, Amon Carter Museum, and Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. Additionally, in the area you'll find Fort Worth Botanic Garden and Sundance Square.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Lake Worth Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Fort Worth Zoo, located 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Lake Worth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 34.13 inches of rain falls on Lake Worth each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 38°F