Visiting West Palm Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in West Palm Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, live music scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its art, theaters, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include CityPlace, Palm Beach Zoo at Dreher Park, and Rapids Water Park.
- You'll find 683 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Beach - West Palm Beach
- The closest major airport is in West Palm Beach, FL (PBI-Palm Beach Intl.), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boca Raton, FL (BCT), 22.6 mi (36.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Palm Beach
Known for its art, live music, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Harriet Himmel Theater, Kravis Center For The Performing Arts, and Uptown Art. Favorite family attractions include Palm Beach Zoo at Dreher Park and Rapids Water Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to CityPlace, Clematis Street, and Antique Row.
In West Palm Beach, you'll be able to select from 174 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Grandview - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star inn in Downtown West Palm Beach can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn West Palm Beach Downtown - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown West Palm Beach can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include The Society of the Four Arts, located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, which is 1 mi/1.6 km away.
Getting Around West Palm Beach
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from West Palm Beach Station, Mangonia Park Station, or Palm Beach Mangonia Park Station. West Palm Beach may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for West Palm Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 57°F as the nighttime average
- West Palm Beach gets about 62.40 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F