Visiting Wisconsin Rapids
Luxury-minded travelers and bargain hunters enjoy visiting Wisconsin Rapids though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Stevens Point
- The closest major airport is in Wisconsin Rapids, WI (ISW-South Wood County), 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mosinee, WI (CWA-Central Wisconsin), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wisconsin Rapids
Families come for attractions such as Wisconsin Rapids Zoo, Wisconsin Dairy State Cheese Company, and Glacial Lake Cranberries. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Veterans' Memorial Park and South Wood County Historical Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wisconsin Rapids. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Mead - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Wisconsin Rapids - Our customers like the clean, quiet rooms and bathrooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn And Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
Dressing for Wisconsin Rapids
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 8°F at night
- Wisconsin Rapids gets about 31.97 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°F