Find Hotels in Yamanakako
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $77
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Yamanakako are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, parks, and sightseeing tours. Kitaguchiihongu Fuji Sengen Shrine, Chureito Pagoda, and Fuji-Q Highland are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 254 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kofu
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 51.8 mi (83.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yamanakako
Cultural venues in the city include Yamanakako Lake Teddy Bear World Museum, Tenshinomori Angel Museum, and Christmas Woods Santa Claus Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Nagaike Shinsui Park, Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, and Lake Yamanaka Community Plaza Kirara. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Yamanaka and Mishima Yukio Museum.
In Yamanakako, you'll find 53 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Guest House Misaki-sou - Amenities at this 2-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi.
- Sekimotoya - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 2.5-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi.
- Fuji Marriott Hotel Lake Yamanaka - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Kitaguchiihongu Fuji Sengen Shrine, 5.8 mi/9.3 km from the city center, and Chureito Pagoda, which is 6.8 mi (11 km) away.
Dressing for Yamanakako
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Yamanakako is 1.50 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F