Visitors to Yokosuka are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks, and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Sankei-en Park, and Yokohama Stadium.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Yokosuka
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 54.3 mi (87.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yokosuka
The city's natural beauty is on display at Kinugasayama Park, Yokosuka Iris Garden, and Umikaze Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Shoppers Plaza Yokosuka is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Daimyo-ji Temple and Museum Haus Kasuya.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Yokosuka. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Yokosuka - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Harbour Yokosuka - Our customers like the location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Central Hotel Yokosuka - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, 5.8 mi/9.4 km from the heart of the city, and Sankei-en Park, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Getting Around Yokosuka
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Yokosuka Chuo Station, Shioiri station, or Oppama station. Yokosuka might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Yokosuka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Yokosuka gets about 45.47 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F