Visiting Morro Bay
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Morro Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Top sights in the city include Morro Rock and Morro Bay State Park.
- You'll find 740 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Morro Bay
The city's cultural venues include Morro Bay Skateboard Museum and Museum of Natural History. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Morro Bay State Park, Morro Strand State Beach, and Estero Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Morro Rock and Morro Bay Aquarium.
In Morro Bay, you'll be able to select from 89 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Estero Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, quiet rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, located 12 mi (19.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Morro Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for Morro Bay is 16.97 inches
- Usually October and November are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 45°F