Visiting San Simeon
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Simeon, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include San Simeon State Park, Hearst Castle, and Elephant Seal Rookery.
- There are 118 hotels and other accommodations in San Simeon
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 38.3 mi (61.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in King City, CA (KIC-Mesa Del Rey), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Simeon
Cultural venues in the city include Cambria Center for the Arts, Coastal Discovery Center at San Simeon Bay, and Cambria’s Historical Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hearst Castle, San Simeon Pier, and Piedras Blancas Lighthouse. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including San Simeon State Park, Elephant Seal Rookery, and Moonstone Beach Park.
In San Simeon, you'll be able to select from 118 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- J Patrick House Bed and Breakfast Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sand Pebbles Inn - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Blue Dolphin Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Morro Rock, located 22.9 mi (36.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Morro Bay State Park, which is 25.7 mi/41.4 km away.
Dressing for San Simeon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on San Simeon each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F