Travelers to Cayucos give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Hearst Castle, Morro Rock, and Morro Bay State Park.
- You'll find 741 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cayucos
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Estero Bluffs State Park, Hardie Park, and Cayucos State Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cayucos Pier and Paul Andrew Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Cayucos. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- On The Beach Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Cayucos Beach Inn - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Beachwalker Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
Top places to see outside the city include Hearst Castle, located 19.5 mi (31.3 km) from the city center, and Elephant Seal Rookery, which is 22.3 mi/35.8 km away.
Dressing for Cayucos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 62°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on Cayucos each year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 41°F