History buffs will enjoy exploring Cambria, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Hearst Castle, Elephant Seal Rookery, and San Simeon State Park.
- You'll find 81 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Simeon
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cambria
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Fiscalini Ranch Preserve, Moonstone Beach Park, and Leffingwell Landing. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cambria’s Historical Museum and Cambria Center for the Arts.
In Cambria, you'll be able to select from 66 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- J Patrick House Bed and Breakfast Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and bathrooms.
- Fog's End - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Blue Dolphin Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hearst Castle, 11 mi/17.7 km from the city center, and Elephant Seal Rookery, which is 14.4 mi/23.2 km away.
Dressing for Cambria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cambria is 1.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F