Visitors to Atchison are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, churches, and riverfront.
- You'll find 13 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Leavenworth
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Atchison
A couple of favorite places to visit are Atchison County Historical Society Museum and Walt Wilburn Field. You'll also find Snow Creek and Pirtle Winery in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atchison - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Atchison
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Atchison is 35.59 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 19°F