Visitors give high marks for the college vibe in Lawrence, which is also known for its sporting events and live music. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Topeka
- The closest major airport is in Topeka, KS (FOE-Forbes Field), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 35.9 mi (57.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lawrence
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Lawrence Arts Center, University of Kansas Natural History Museum, and Spencer Museum of Art. Basketball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at University of Kansas Memorial Stadium or Allen Fieldhouse. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Kansas and Haskell Indian Nations University.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Lawrence. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Victorian Veranda Country Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Lawrence - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites Lawrence Downtown - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting Around Lawrence
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Lawrence Station. Lawrence might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lawrence
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Lawrence gets about 39.92 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F