Visitors can enjoy all that Leavenworth has to offer including the bars, cafés, and football games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, churches, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Legends Outlets Kansas City, Kansas Speedway, and Fort Leavenworth.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Leavenworth
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 10.6 mi (17 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leavenworth
The city's cultural venues include C.W. Parker Carousel Museum and Atchison County Historical Society Museum. Notable city landmarks like Amelia Earhart Memorial Bridge and Amelia Earhart Home might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of International Forest of Friendship and Walt Wilburn Field exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Leavenworth. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atchison - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Leavenworth Downtown - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn Leavenworth - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other top sights in Leavenworth include Fort Leavenworth. Popular places to visit in the area include Legends Outlets Kansas City, located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city center, and Kansas Speedway, which is 14.5 mi/23.3 km away.
Dressing for Leavenworth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.86 inches of rain falls on Leavenworth each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F