Visiting Overland Park
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Overland Park, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Argentine Carnegie Library, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, and Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- You'll find 131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kansas City
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Overland Park
Cultural venues in the city include Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Johnson County Community College Carlsen Center, and Museum at Prairiefire. Favorite family attractions include Epic Indoor Sports and Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. While football fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Overland Park Soccer Complex.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Overland Park. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Overland Park South - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Candlewood Suites Overland Park - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Argentine Carnegie Library, located 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city center, and Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, which is 6.4 mi/10.3 km away.
Dressing for Overland Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Overland Park gets about 41.89 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F