Families will find kid-friendly activities in Olathe, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices. Kansas Speedway, Argentine Carnegie Library, and Legends Outlets Kansas City are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kansas City
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 30.3 mi (48.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Olathe
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Great Mall of the Great Plains is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Johnson County District Courthouse and Kansas State School for the Deaf.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Olathe. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embassy Suites Kansas City/Olathe - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Hilton Garden Inn Olathe KS - Our customers love the spacious and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Olathe Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Kansas Speedway, 17.1 mi/27.4 km from the city center, and Argentine Carnegie Library, which is 17.1 mi/27.5 km away.
Dressing for Olathe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 41.89 inches of rain falls on Olathe each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F