Travelers to Bridgetown give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Top sights in the city include Barbados Parliament Buildings, Brownes Beach, and Kensington Oval.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Bridgetown
- The closest major airport is in Bridgetown (BGI-Grantley Adams Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bridgetown
Cultural venues in the city include Barbados Museum & Historical Society, Mount Gay Rum, and Frank Collymore Hall of the Performing Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Bussa Emancipation Statue, George Washington House, and St. Michael's Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Brownes Beach, Carlisle Bay, and Brighton Beach.
In Bridgetown, there are 59 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Barbados Resort - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this resort. This 4-star resort features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Island Inn All Inclusive Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star property, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private patio. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Bridgetown include Barbados Parliament Buildings, Kensington Oval, and U.S. Embassy. Outside the city, top places to visit include Dover Beach, located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city center, and Sandy Lane Beach, which is 5.4 mi (8.6 km) away.
Dressing for Bridgetown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- Bridgetown gets about 46.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and September with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 68°F