Find Hotels in Bristol
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 28, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 23, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2020
Where to stay in Bristol
Bristol City Centre
4/5Very Good!(7 area reviews)
The beating heart of Bristol is packed with stunning architectural landmarks, shopping districts, centuries-old pubs and live music venues.
5/5Exceptional!(14 area reviews)
This picturesque suburb of Bristol is home to iconic city landmarks, an excellent zoo and boutiques set inside Georgian- and Victoria-era buildings.
Superb museums, family-friendly entertainment, historic boats, markets, bars and restaurants await at this buzzing waterfront district in Bristol Floating Harbour.
Redcliffe is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to St. Mary Redcliffe Church and Bristol Temple Church while you're in town.
Bristol Floating Harbour
4.5/5Wonderful!(64 area reviews)
Designed to allow vessels to float at low tide, today this harbour is a busy tourist attraction home to varied bars, galleries, museums and historic ships.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bristol, and visitors give high marks for the popular theater scene, shopping, and entertainment choices. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Cabot Tower, SS Great Britain, and Bristol Cathedral.
- There are 530 hotels and other accommodations in Bristol
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 31.8 mi (51.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bristol
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include SS Great Britain, Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery, and We The Curious. Favorite family attractions include Bristol Zoo and Noah's Ark Zoo Farm. The city is notable for landmarks like Cabot Tower, Bristol Cathedral, and Queen Square.
In Bristol, you'll be able to select from 530 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SummerHouse Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Old Parsonage - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Clevedon Hall - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Other favorite sights in Bristol include Bristol Hippodrome Theatre, Bristol Theatre Royal, and St. Peters Church. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Beckford's Tower, located 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the city center, and Royal Crescent, which is 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away.
Getting Around Bristol
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bristol Clifton Down Station, Bristol Bedminster Station, or Bristol Temple Meads Station. Bristol may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bristol
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bristol is 34.61 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Bristol?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bristol, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Bristol?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Bristol?
What's the best place to stay in Bristol City Centre?
What's a favorite place to stay in Clifton?
What's the best hotel for families in Bristol?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Bristol?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Bristol?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Ashton Gate Stadium?
What about the best place to stay close to Clifton Suspension Bridge?
What are some hotels with pools in Bristol?
Recent reviews of Bristol hotels
More trip options
- Bristol Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bristol Airports
- Hotels in Bristol Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Bristol Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Bristol
- More Hotel Options in Bristol
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Bristol, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends