Visitors can enjoy all that Caliente has to offer including the gardens, monuments, and museums. There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bakersfield, CA (BFL-Meadows Field), 24.9 mi (40 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Caliente
Places to visit in the larger region include Kern River Golf Course, Souza Family Vineyards, and Triassic Legacy Vineyards. In the area, you'll also find California Living Museum and Hart Memorial Park.
As you plan your trip to Caliente, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 67 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bakersfield, CA is 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the center of Caliente. This 2-star hotel in Bakersfield features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Bakersfield is located 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from the heart of Caliente. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Bakersfield can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Rosedale is 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from central Caliente. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bakersfield can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Kern County Museum, located 23.1 mi (37.1 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Caliente
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Caliente gets about 10.63 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 32°F