Visiting Lake Isabella
Visitors to Lake Isabella are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bakersfield, CA (BFL-Meadows Field), 34.9 mi (56.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Inyokern, CA (IYK), 36.3 mi (58.5 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Isabella
Places to visit in the larger region include Kern Valley Golf Course, Kern River Valley Historical Society, and Kernville Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your vacation to Lake Isabella, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Lake Isabella RV Resort is located 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the heart of Lake Isabella. Guests who stay at this 2-star cabin in Kernville can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Kern Lodge is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the center of Lake Isabella. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Kernville can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Piazza's Pine Cone Inn is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from central Lake Isabella. This 2-star hotel in Kernville features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Lake Isabella
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 13.46 inches of rain falls on Lake Isabella each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 33°F