Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mojave, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the city is Edwards Air Force Base.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Mojave
- The closest major airport is in Palmdale, CA (PMD-Palmdale Regional), 30.5 mi (49 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palmdale, CA (WJF-General William J. Fox Airfield), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mojave
Cultural venues in the city include Tehachapi Museum, Tehachapi Depot Railroad Museum, and Colonel Vernon P. Saxon Jr. Aerospace Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Mojave East Park, Tehachapi City Park, and Boron Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Edwards Air Force Base and Willow Springs International Raceway.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mojave. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western California City Inn & Suites - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Budget Inn Boron - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Lancaster National Soccer Center, located 27.6 mi (44.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Mojave
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 98°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 5.31 inches of rain falls on Mojave each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F