Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lancaster, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and theaters. Top sights around the area include Lancaster National Soccer Center and Edwards Air Force Base.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Lancaster
- The closest major airport is in Palmdale, CA (PMD-Palmdale Regional), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palmdale, CA (WJF-General William J. Fox Airfield), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lancaster
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Elyze Clifford Interpretive Center, Palmdale Playhouse, and Antelope Valley Indian Museum. Favorite family attractions include Antelope Valley Fairgrounds and DryTown Water Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Antelope Valley, Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve, and Prime Desert Woodland Preserve.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Lancaster. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lancaster - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Palmdale, CA - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Suites Palmdale - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Lancaster include Lancaster National Soccer Center. Outside the city, popular places to see include Edwards Air Force Base, located 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Castaic Lake, which is 28.8 mi/46.4 km away.
Getting Around Lancaster
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lancaster Station or Palmdale Transportation Center. Lancaster might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lancaster
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 99°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lancaster is 6.50 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F