Visiting California City
Visitors can enjoy all that California City has to offer including the monuments and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its tucked away and welcoming setting.
- You'll find 22 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mojave
- The closest major airport is in Inyokern, CA (IYK), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palmdale, CA (PMD-Palmdale Regional), 42 mi (67.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in California City
Favorite places to visit in the city include Tierra Del Sol Golf Club, California City Community Center, and California City Chamber of Commerce. You'll also find Red Rock Canyon State Park and Colonel Vernon P. Saxon Jr. Aerospace Museum in the area.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western California City Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for California City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Average annual rainfall for California City is 5.31 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F