Visitors can enjoy all that Caluire-et-Cuire has to offer including the shopping, coffeehouses, and restaurants. The walkable and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Musee d'Art Contemporain, Tete d'Or Park, and Lyon Opera are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 799 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 38.2 mi (61.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caluire-et-Cuire
Musee d'Art Contemporain, Tete d'Or Park, and Lyon Opera are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lyon City Hall and Terreaux Square.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Caluire-et-Cuire. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B&B Hotel Lyon Caluire Cité Internationale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
- Appart'City Confort Lyon Cité Internationale - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this vacation rental. This 3-star residence features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Ibis Lyon Caluire Cité Internationale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Lyon Museum of Fine Arts, 2.3 mi/3.7 km from the heart of the city, and St. Jean Cathedral, which is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) away.
Getting Around Caluire-et-Cuire
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Caluire-et-Cuire is simple. Head to Cuire Station to catch metro. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lyon Saint-Clair Station.
Dressing for Caluire-et-Cuire
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Caluire-et-Cuire gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F