Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Canmore, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, lakeside setting, and ski areas. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Banff Gondola, Upper Hot Springs, and Nakiska Ski Resort. In Canmore, there are 202 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Canmore
The mountain views, hiking trails, and lakeside exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Canmore Caverns and Wind Ridge Trail. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre and Canmore Golf and Curling Club.
In Canmore, you'll be able to select from 202 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE - This 4-star resort features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its room service and local sightseeing.
- Super 8 Canmore - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Lady MacDonald Country Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and spa services. Expedia customers like its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Banff Gondola, located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Upper Hot Springs, which is 9.6 mi/15.4 km away.
Dressing for Canmore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 5°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 21°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 33°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- Average annual rainfall for Canmore is 0.91 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F