Capitola Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Santa Cruz area, you'll find 27 economical motels among more than 275 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Capitola has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Capitola Beach in Capitola, as well as Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Main Beach in the area.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find a free parking spot and an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite motels to book in the larger area:
Beach Street Inn and Suites
- Located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the heart of Capitola
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, free WiFi, and coffee shop.
Ocean Pacific Lodge
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- Central Capitola is 4 mi (6.5 km) away
Best Western Plus Inn Scotts Valley
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Located 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the heart of Capitola
- Central Capitola is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) away
- A spa tub along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- 4 mi (6.4 km) from the heart of Capitola
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Capitola
In this walkable area, enjoy its popular beaches and top-notch restaurants while you're sightseeing. Visitors like Capitola for its shops.
Here are favorite places in and around Capitola:
- Capitola Beach
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Main Beach
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- New Brighton State Beach
- Pleasure Point
You'll find these family-friendly attractions in the area:
- Roaring Camp Railroads
- Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds
Capitola is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Capitola
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Capitola by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically September and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 68° F and nighttime temperatures average 41° F
- April-June: 76° F is the daytime average and 45° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 77° F and nighttime averages are around 52° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 75° F during the day and 41° F at night
- Average rainfall is 30.83 inches in a year
How to Get to Capitola and Around the Area
|Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal) ||Airport ||9.7 mi (15.6 km) |
|San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview) ||Airport ||26 mi (41.9 km) |
|Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula) ||Airport ||27.1 mi (43.6 km) |